The Humane Society Legislative Fund (HSLF) and its affiliated organizations are committed to keeping your personal information private and letting you control how we communicate with you online. Here's how:
- We will never sell, rent, or trade your email address to any third party.
- You will only receive emails from us when you opt in to receive them, take action online, or donate to us online. Every email you receive from us will include instructions on how you can quickly and easily remove yourself from our email list.
- When you forward one of our emails or web pages to a friend using our "tell a friend" feature, we will not then begin sending your friend email. In fact, we won't even save your friend's email address.
- When you donate to us online, we use a VeriSign-Secured payment processing system that keeps your credit card and other information safe. We use industry-standard security systems, software, and encryption technologies to protect against unauthorized access to our servers, equipment, and other components of our online presence.
- When you visit hslf.org or one of our other websites, you do so anonymously. Unless you take action online, make a donation, complete a web form, or opt in to receive emails from us, the only information we collect about your visit is your Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name. We aggregate this information to measure the number of visits to our sites, the average time spent on our sites, the number of pages viewed, and various other site statistics. Collecting this information helps us provide a more useful and engaging online experience, and we cannot identify you from this information (even if we wanted to).
If you have any questions about this policy or about the HSLF's public education campaigns or political activities, please email us at email@example.com, or write to us at Humane Society Legislative Fund, 2100 L Street NW, Suite 310, Washington, DC 20037. We'd love to hear from you.